Students Already Accepted Into a Program or an Institution in France
- Application Menu
- > Students Already Accepted Into a Program or an Institution in France
- > Students Applying to a French Institution
- > Prospective Doctoral Students
- > Baccalauréat Holders
All American students and foreign students living in the United States who are over the age of 18 (except high school level) and who wish to study in France for more than three months must follow the appropriate Campus France procedure before applying for a visa at their assigned consulate.
If you are not yet 18 at the time you leave for France and you will be studying at a college level, you need to complete the Campus France application process, but you will need to apply for a student visa for minors. Please check your local consulate’s official website for details.
To find out what steps you need to follow, click on the link that applies to your situation:
Study abroad or exchange students, including:
- students participating in an exchange program.
- students studying at an institution in France with the intention of taking credit back to their home institution in the U.S.
Students taking courses independently, including:
- students seeking a degree from an institution in France.
- students not seeking a degree from an institution in France.