Double and Joint Degrees
In contrast to a traditional exchange program, when you are completing a double / joint degree program, you are registered at the same time with both an American and a French university. Upon graduation, you receive either a diploma from each university (“double degree”) or a single diploma issued by both universities (“joint degree”).
The advantages of the double / joint degree programs include:
- A truly international curriculum, defined in partnership with the two universities;
- Access to high-quality education in two different countries;
- Different and complementary education approaches: different pedagogy, analytical skills, and problem solving approaches;
- A truly international recognition of your education, thanks to a double / joint degree;
- An asset that will set you apart from the others on the employment market
- Not only excellent academic experience, but also highly valuable cultural, linguistic and personal experience
For an example of a fantastic dual degree program, check out this one being offered by Sciences Po in Paris and the University of California at Berkeley.